How to Organize a Romantic Valentine’s Day – Do it the French Way!
Wondering how to organize a perfect and romantic Valentine’s Day this year? Do it the French way! Watch the video for tips on gifts, love quotes, music and more. Enjoy 🙂
Links mentioned in the video:
- More Peynet gifts (jewels, reproductions, perfumes…):
- visit the official shop
French love quotes
- J’entends ta voix dans tous les bruits du monde – “I hear your voice in all the world’s noise.” – Paul Eluard
- Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. – « The heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of » -Blaise Pascal
- L’amour est l’emblème de l’éternité, il confond toute la notion de temps, efface toute la mémoire d’un commencement, toute la crainte d’une extrémité. – « Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time, effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end. » Madame de Staël
- Il n’est rien de réel que le rêve et l’amour. “Nothing is real but dreams and love.” Anna de Noailles
- Aimer et être aimé sera la grande affaire de toute notre vie. “To love and be loved will be the greatest event in our lives.” Rousseau
- Le seul vrai langage au monde est un baiser. “The only genuine language on the planet is a kiss.” ~ Musset
- Je serai poète et toi poésie. “I’ll be poet, and you’ll be verse.” François Coppée
French food and wine
- French recipes for your Valentine’s Day special occasion
- French champagne
To learn more about how to drink French champagne, check out my video on the topic
- Sparkling French wines
- Wine to drink with fish – White Burgundy / Bordeaux blancs
- Wine to drink with meat – Red Burgundy/ Bordeaux rouges
French romantic music
- By Edith Piaf, including La Vie en Rose and Hymne à L’amour (Hymn to love)
- By Jacques Brel, including “Ne me quitte pas” (Do not leave me), “If we only have love” (Quand on n’a que l’amour) and “Je t’aime” (I love you)
French romantic movies
- Heartbreaker (L’Arnacoeur) – for those who love “Dirty Dancing”
- Alex is a romantic for hire. If your daughter or sister is falling for the wrong man, Alex will get her to fall for him, watch her dump the loser…and then break her heart by walking away. When Alex is hired to woo Juliette, he breaks her heart…and his own rule.
- Priceless (Hors de Prix) – for fans of luxury and the South of France riviera
- When it comes to men, Irene has very rich taste. One very confusing night, she is duped at her own game. Her knight in shining armor turns out to have no shine at all. With Audrey Tautou (The Da Vinci Code, Amelié)
- Children of Paradise (Les enfants du Paradis) – one of the most beautiful French classics
- Poetic realism reaches sublime heights with Children of Paradise (Les enfants du paradis), the ineffably witty tale of a woman loved by four different men in the tumultuous world of 19th-century Paris.
- The Artist – an academy-award winner in black and white – funny and charming
- Hollywood 1927. George Valentin (Academy Award Winner Jean Dujardin) is a silent movie superstar soon to fall into oblivion due to the advent of the talkies. For young extra Peppy Miller (Berenice Bejo), major movie stardom awaits.
- Amelie (Amélie Poulain) – a magical and witty comedy, nominated for 5 Academy Awards
- A painfully shy waitress working at a tiny Paris café, Amelie dedicates herself to helping others find happiness…in the most delightfully unexpected ways! But will she have the courage to do for herself what she has done for others?
For updates on new articles and videos, subscribe to my monthly newsletter: